Right, I know it’s not comic art but it was something I really wanted to do. I couldn’t really afford to buy a top quality Scout Trooper helmet and they are quite hard to get hold of. So I got a Rubies. These are renowned as being of poor shape and quality. I then modified the helmet as best I could.
This is what it started like. Bad I know.
Then I removed the lenses, snout detail and ear detail and applied a basic reshape.
Then added steel rods to hold it in shape, sanded the whole thing and sprayed it with primer ready for spraying.
Then I spayed it with several coats of gloss white.
Next I added the padding and lining with help from my wife.
Next I finished it with details such as ear mesh, lenses, snout detail and decals.
Comparisons from old to new and compared to the movie helmet.